- Looking into the Future for a Child With Autism NY Times article. Click Here
- A wonderful story about Oscar. Click Here
California State Government Websites
- Lanterman Developmental Disabilities Act ( AB 846 ) – 2016
- CMS Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Regulations – California Department of Developmental ServiceDescription of how California has implemented HCBS waivers.
- California’s HCBS Statewide Transition Plan Plan – California Department of Health Care ServicesThe STP describes how the State will come into compliance with new Federal Home and Community-Based (HCB) setting requirements that became effective March 17, 2014.
Medicaid – Federal Government Websites
- Home & Community Based Services
The final federally mandated Home and Community-Based Services regulations including new requirements for several Medicaid authorities under which states may provide home and community-based long-term services and supports. The original legislative intent of the HCBS Waiver program was to slow the growth of Medicaid spending by providing services in less expensive settings.
- Guidance on Settings that have the effect of Isolating Individuals Receiving HCBS from the broader community
Read this to understand Medicaid’s definition of isolating settings